Juarez possesses some of the
largest maquilas on the border, with an impressive roster that reads
like a who's who international manufacturing. Some 80 members of the
Fortune 500 have representation or do business in the area.
- Thomson Consumer Electronics:
6 plants, TV manufacturing.
- Philips of North America:
7 plants, TV manufacturing.
- General Motors: 7 plants, automotive parts.
- Zenith: TV manufacturing.
- General Electric: 5 plants,
heating and electrical elements.
- Elamez: shelter operations.
- Ford Motor Company:
8 plants, automotive components.
- Baxter Health Care: medical garments.
- Valmont Electric: electric assemblies.
- Delco Remy: automotive components.
- Johnson & Johnson Medical: medical garments.
- Sound Design: stereos and electronic components.
- Toshiba: TV components.
- EWD Limited (Chrysler): automotive components.
- Sumitomo Electric Wiring Sysytems: automotive harnesses.
- ElectroWire Products of Texas: automotive harnesses.
- El Paso Components (ELCOM): automotive harnesses.
- American Yazaki: automotive harness.
- Cadillac Rubber & Plastics: automotive harnesses.
- ITT Automotive: automotive electronics.