Service Companies and Suppliers
Monterrey's industrial base and
transportation facilities will provide new business with a large network of
supplier choices. Specialized products from the US will incur larger costs
due to Monterrey's interior location.
Supplies and Industrial Infrastructure
Monterrey is one of the greater industrial
economies of Mexico responsible for 6.9% of the GIP of the country. It is also the
producer of 9.4% of all goods manufactured in Mexico.
- Population with a degree of schooling of 9.2 years on average.
- Proportion of technicians of 9.1% of the total population.
with 15+ years of experience, as opposed to 4.1% at national level.
- Proportion of the greater population of 18 years with professional
studies, masters or doctorate of 20% superior to the national average of 13%.
- Specialized professionals in engineering and administration and social
- More than 30 institutions of superior education, with 124,000 students
at professional and graduate level.
- Efficient highway network and railway.
- Railway system operated by private companies with connections to USA.
- Around 190 weekly flights to cities in the United States.
Quality of Life
- Population with high life expectancy (men-75 yrs; women-79 yrs).
- Specialized hospitals, with more than 5,000 beds.
- Museums and facilities of quality world-wide class for cultural
events and sports.